Safeguarding your Privacy.
When you use Feenix you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy clearly and concisely describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and outlines the obligations and requirements of website, website owners including your choices regarding this information
USER’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THIS POLICY
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all Ghanaian national laws and requirements for user privacy.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
- Feenix collects both “Personal Information” and “Anonymous Information” about our users and visitors. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, payment method details, login name, password, mailing address, IP address, and profile picture, as well as information that is linked to such information. “Anonymous Information” is information that we cannot use to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Site or on the App, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to Feenix, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Feenix account, such as creating bookmarks for your favourite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
Safety and security
- We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver partners' devices to identify unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviours
- Feenix uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
- We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
- Feenix uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver partner may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
Communications from Feenix
- Feenix may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Feenix may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Feenix may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
- We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Feenix's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Feenix may also collect information about the device you use to access the Site, App and/or Services, which may include personal data. This information is used to recognise your device so that it can be linked to your account. This activity is carried out for the purposes of safety, security, evaluation of the performance of the app or the Site, improvement of the customer experience, fraud prevention and involves the sharing of information about your device including limited personal data, IP address, WiFi and location information with a third-party service provider.
COOKIES AND OTHER WEB FILES OR TAGS
- most of these cookies used by us will be erased from your hard drive immediately after your browser session (so-called session cookies).
- Other cookies remain saved to your device’s hard drive and enable us to recognize your device in the event of a later visit to our website (so-called persistent cookies). It is particularly these cookies that allow us to make our Site more user-friendly, effective and safe. Thanks to these files, for example, it is possible to display information specifically suited to your personal preferences on a certain webpage. A cookie browser session lasts for the duration of 18 hours.
- The cookies will, among other things, track clicks, and online activity.
- to estimate Feenix’s audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics;
- to gather information about your approximate geographic location (e.g. city) to provide localised content;
- to store information about your preferences and to allow Feenix to customise the Site and/or App according to your individual interests and the device or browser you are using;
- to continually improve Feenix’s Services;
- 4 to recognise you when you return to the Site and/or App; and to prevent fraud and/or abuse.
- The legal grounds for processing the information contained in cookies and other such files or tags consists of the performance or entering into of a contract with you (where cookies are necessary as part of the customer journey), or otherwise our legitimate interests in a safe and user-friendly presentation of our Site.
CONTACT AND COMMUNICATION
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account
INFORMATION RETENTION AND DELETION
Feenix retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
iftNDrop retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Feenix deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Feenix may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Feenix may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Feenix shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, Feenix may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Feenix account in the future.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy
If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Feenix apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.